At Home in Minnesota: Student stories from states near and far
OFYP is looking for out-of-state students who are interested in submitting photos for a gallery exhibit in Coffman Memorial Union. The exhibit will be titled At Home in Minnesota: Student stories from states near and far and will be on display April through August 2017. We are looking for images and stories to help share the out-of-state student experience. Help bring to life what it means to transition to the University of Minnesota as an out-of-state student and how out-of-state students make the most of their first year at the U.
Want to take part?
Complete the steps below for the chance to be featured in this exhibit*! To complete a submission:
- Open the At Home in Minnesota Gallery Google folder (you will need to log in with your U of M Internet ID if you are not already).
- Create a personal folder for your photos. In the Google folder linked above, click the “New” button, select “New Folder,” and title your folder with your first name, last name, and home state.
- Upload at least two photos for your folder – one from Minnesota and one from your home state.
- The photos submitted should be high quality (high quality or shot in high definition) and submitted as .jpg. If you have any questions about photo submission, email email@example.com.
- Make sure you have permission to share any photo that includes other people.
- Please title your photos “firstname-lastname-statetaken-otherinfo.jpg.”
- Answer one or more of the following questions in a Google Doc within your folder.
- What is your favorite thing about living in Minnesota?
- What is something from your home state that you miss?
- What has it been like to transition from living in your home state to living in Minnesota?
- What advice would you give to other out-of-state students coming to the U?
All submissions must be submitted by noon Friday, March 24. If you have questions, email Maurea Kiyoi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to see your photos and to present the out-of-state student experience in the Coffman Theatre Gallery!
*We may not be able to use all photos and stories in the exhibit, but we will do our best to represent as many students as possible. We also reserve the right to reject content that may be considered offensive or controversial.