The mission of Orientation & First-Year Programs (OFYP) is to provide quality transitional experiences that maximize students’ potential for personal and academic success.
The Transfer Initiatives Intern will be responsible for assisting in the coordination, planning and implementation of transfer-specific initiatives including the Transfer Student Network peer-mentoring program, the Leaders in Transition Living-Learning Community and communication with new and current transfer students. The Transfer Initiatives Intern will report to the Assistant Director for Welcome Week, First-Year Programs, and External Relations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support the implementation of transfer initiatives
- Manage firstname.lastname@example.org email account.
- Respond to questions and an inquiry from prospective transfer students, current transfer students or general inquires
- Sending monthly communications to Transfer Student Network, Transfer Insiders.
- Communication may include promotions for events, reminders regarding monthly transfer insiders check in submissions, answers to FAQ from Transfer Insiders or new transfers, and other general updates.
- Serve as a resource to various OFYP staff by communicating transfer student trends and experiences
- Collaborate with First-Year Programming Intern on communications as appropriate.
- Manage ‘U of M Transfers’ Facebook page with member requests, removing inappropriate content, and sharing transfer-specific events when applicable
- Plan, execute and evaluate all Leaders in Transition Learning Community programming;
- Plan calendar of events.
- Communicate and market events with students in Living Learning Community.
- Secure space and coordinate all programmed events.
- Collaborate with LLC Community Advisor as needed
- Plan, execute and evaluate all Transfer Student Network sponsored programming;
- Order catering, make room reservations, manage volunteers through assigning responsibilities, and market event
- Organize payment for goods/services needed for events
- Close each sponsored event with post assessment procedure
- Coordinate all Leaders in Transition Living Learning Community program management and implementation.
- Coordinate all TSN program management and implementation.
- Recruit and hire Transfer Insiders
- Plan and execute training for the Transfer Insiders
- Be the main point of contact for all Transfer Student Network inquires.
- Collaborate with First-Year Programs Intern on programming such as At Home in MN, Rewind, and other initiatives as appropriate.
2. Be a supportive partner with the Transfer Student Experience program and provide assistance as needed.
- Entered University as a transfer student;
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills;
- Experience working with and leading peers in a team environment.
- Involvement in at least one of the University transfer-specific initiatives (i.e. UTSB, TSN, Leaders in Transition LLC, Tau Sigma, or Transfer Student Ambassador);
- Desire to serve new transfer students in helping them transition to the university.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
The Transfer Initiatives Intern is an hourly paid position. The student selected will receive $10.50 per hour and should anticipate working approximately 15 hours per week.
To apply for this position, candidates must send a cover letter and resume to Lauren Beckman at email@example.com no later than 11 a.m. on Monday, November 27. The start date for this position will be the week of December 4. This position is a year and a half long position and ends in May 2019.