The Transfer Student Network connects Transfer Insiders to new transfer students to offer advice and stories of their transfer experiences. The Transfer Insiders are transfer students who have made a successful transition to the U of M and are committed to enhancing the transfer student experience.
- Applications are being accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 6.
- Phone interviews will be conducted from Monday, May 16 to Friday, May 20.
The Transfer Insider is a volunteer, leadership position housed within the Orientation & First-Year Programs office. The Transfer Student Network connects Transfer Insiders to new transfer students to offer advice and stories of their transfer experiences. With a wide variety of backgrounds and transfer experiences, our Transfer Insiders are readily available to help answer questions, give advice, help point students in the right direction if they need to reach a campus resource or need someone to talk to! They also engage with students with a coffee chat, where they receive free Starbucks Coffee!
- Hold at least one office hour every week in the Fall Semester.
- Create a monthly email that will be sent out to transfer students.
- Able to create themed articles that will be used to provide additional tips and resources to all transfer students.
- Able to attend at least one Transfer Student Resource Workshop during the fall semester.
|Sunday, September 4||Training||9:00-11:00 a.m.|
|Sunday, September 4||Transfer Student Network Kick-Off Event||TBA|
|TBA||Transfer Student Workshop||TBA|