The Transfer Insider role is a vital part of the Transfer Student Network. This is a volunteer opportunity available to transfer students who are interested in mentoring new, first-semester transfer students. Expectations are as follows:
- Compose monthly e-mails that will be sent to a sizable number of new transfer students
- Schedule and participate in Coffee Chats with transfer students who are interested in meeting
- Attend Monthly Meetings with the team of Transfer Insiders and the Transfer Initiatives Intern
- Attend larger events such as the ‘Transfer Student Network Hangout’ to promote connections among transfer students and share your experiences with new students
- Maintain routine communication with Transfer Initiatives Intern
With these responsibilities, expect a time commitment of 1-2 hours per week. If you are interested in engaging in this mentorship opportunity, please complete Part 1 of the application process by filling out this google form. Upon completion of Part 1, you will receive information about Part 2 of the application.
Part 1 of the application closes on Monday, November 27.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact the Transfer Initiatives Intern at firstname.lastname@example.org.