Click here to complete an online application. Applications are due Wednesday, February 15.
- Address questions and concerns from transfer students’ and their guests
- Facilitate campus tours (East Bank, West Bank, and St. Paul)
- Participate in panel discussions and lead workshops
- Perform various duties as assigned throughout Transfer Orientation
- Host students and lead sessions during Transfer Welcome Days
The minimum qualifications for TSAs are:
- Undergraduate transfer students
- 2.5 cumulative GPA and good disciplinary standing
- Knowledge of the U of M transfer process
- A positive attitude about the U of M transfer experience
- Willingness to learn and collaborate on a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Reliability, responsibility, maturity and a proven willingness to help new students
The ideal candidate has the ability to work with individuals from various backgrounds, is customer-service focused, has knowledge of the transfer process, is able to handle multiple tasks, can work in high stress situations, demonstrate flexibility, and has creative problem-solving skills.
What do past TSAs have to say about the position?
"The TSA position gave me a chance to prove myself as a successful student leader."
"The TSA position gave me the opportunity to not only get involved in leadership on campus, but it gave me the opportunity to get involved in a community that gave me so much. I learned more about myself, the transfer community, and the university than I ever thought possible. Plus, I made amazing friends with my fellow TSA's."
"Being a TSA this year was a great experience. I got to meet so many new people--transfer students, parents, my co-workers, boss, and OFYP--who were all amazing. I gained leadership experience and the best part was giving advice to the incoming transfer students!"
|February 15, 2017||Application Due||11:59 p.m.|
|February 17-February 24, 2017||Interviews|
|March 1, 2017||Notification|
March 4, 2017
|TSA Kickoff Meeting/Retreat||10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
|March 7, 2017
March 21, 2017
April 4, 2017
April 18, 2017
May 2, 2017
|Spring Training||5:00-8:00 p.m.|
|Dates TBD||Summer Training||9:00a.m.-7:00 p.m. daily|
July 18 - 21, 2017
|Transfer Orientation||Rotating Shifts between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.|
|August 31- September 3||Transfer Welcome Days||TBD|
Do you want to learn more about the TSA position?
Attend one of our TSA Information Sessions! We will highlight positional responsibilities, inform you of need-to-know dates, and get your questions answered. We will also have members of the 2016 TSA Team there to share their personal experience in the position. We plan to host one workshop in December and one in January. Stop back here to find the details of the dates and locations.
|December 9, 2016||1:00 - 2:00 p.m.||CMU 302|
|January 25, 2017||12:00 - 1:00 p.m.||
|February 10, 2017||10:00 - 11:00 a.m.||CMU 303|