New First-Year Program: Rewind
Do you know a new student who is looking to connect with more students? Make sense of the first semester? Get a fresh start? Contribute to the new student transition experience? Orientation and First-Year Programs is excited to introduce Rewind!
Rewind is a new first-year program (enhanced and inspired from First-Year Photo Project) designed to help students reflect on their first-year experiences and share their stories through conversations, pictures, community, and social media.
Rewind is designed to help students:
- Meet new people and connect through shared experiences
- Reflect on their first year at the U
- Help new incoming students understand what they may experience upon starting college through the shared stories of program participants
- Help OFYP better learn about the first-year experience so that we can better proactively serve students
- Discuss steps for a smooth transition into the second year at the U
Encourage students to sign up at z.umn.edu/rewind by Thursday, January 21. The first Rewind meeting will be held Thursday, January 28 at 5:00 p.m. with additional meetings on select Thursdays (February 18, March 10, March 31, and April 21) from 5-6:30 p.m. Students will also be assigned to a small group that will meet occasionally. OFYP will send all participants further program details upon signing up.
Have any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orientation & First-Year Programs (OFYP)
612-624-1979 | email@example.com