Orientation & First-Year Programs (OFYP)
August 12, 2014
Welcome to the Class of 2018 eNewsletter!
This eNewsletter provides information needed to explore opportunities and resources around campus. You will receive this newsletter once a month throughout the school year from Orientation & First-Year Programs. We will do our best to be brief, while providing you with the most pertinent information for your smooth and successful first year at the University of Minnesota!
This eNewsletter is divided into two sections – action items that you should complete and resource items that will be helpful to your transition. Many of the action items listed here are on your New Student Checklist, located on the My College tab at myu.umn.edu. Make sure you have completed all of the items on this checklist before arriving for Welcome Week. If you have questions or suggestions about this publication, let us know at email@example.com.
Welcome Week starts August 27!
- Check-In is Wednesday, August 27 in the Great Hall of Coffman Memorial Union. Students who live off campus will check in at 2:30 p.m. Click here for additional details. You will receive your personalized Welcome Week schedule and meet your small group for the first time at 4:15 p.m.
- Preview the Welcome Week schedule here.
- If you will be driving to campus you can park in the East River Road Garage. At your first small-group meeting your Welcome Week Leader/s will have your parking coupon.
- You will receive a mailing soon with more information about how to prepare for Welcome Week.
Residence Hall & Residential Apartment Students:
- If you're moving into one of the residence halls or University apartments (this includes University Village, Yudof, or Wilkins), the information you need to know and the answers to many of your questions can be found on Housing & Residential Life's website. It is important that you follow your move-in instructions. If you have questions please contact Housing & Residential Life.
- Welcome Week Check-In will be held in the Great Hall of Coffman Memorial Union for all residential students, with the exception of Bailey Hall residents.
- If you live in Bailey Hall you will check in for Welcome Week in the St. Paul Student Center-Cherrywood Room on Tuesday, August 26 or Wednesday, August 27. Check online for specific hours.
- Welcome Week meals will begin with brunch on Wednesday, August 27. Your campus meal plan begins August 30. Before brunch on August 27 you and your guests can use FlexDine or cash at residential dining facilities. You can view residential dining facility hours online.
- Take advantage of your time and get settled before Welcome Week begins. You will be busy with activities beginning at 1:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 27.
- If you have not already done so, contact your roommate and introduce yourself. Look online for some ideas on how to start this conversation.
- If you are a University band or Spirit Squad member, a fall-competing athlete, or a MCAE Kickoff participant you will check in for Welcome Week with that specific program. Information about Welcome Week check-in times can be found online.
What To Bring to Welcome Week
- Click here for a list of items to bring to Welcome Week.
- You will receive the following when you check in for Welcome Week:
- Your personal schedule
- A water bottle
- A Welcome Week drawstring bag
- Your nametag
- A Class of 2018 T-shirt
Orientation & First-Year Programs