We hope that you are having a wonderful summer and that you are preparing to start your experience at the U. We are excited about having you here as a part of our community!
In this eNewsletter you will find;
- To-Dos before you begin your first semester at the U
- Things to Know about Welcome Week and your first few days on campus
- Welcome Week Wisdom from fellow Gophers to help you make the most of Welcome Week
- Office Spotlight: showcasing resources you may find helpful
THINGS TO DO
Download the U Minnesota App
All information you need to navigate the Welcome Week program is available at your fingertips! Download the U Minnesota app and get the Class of 2020 guide within the app to stay up-to-date! Download the app here.
- If you already downloaded the app and the Class of 2020 guide, it will automatically update with Welcome Week information when you re-open the app.
Complete Welcome Week Event Selection
If you have not yet done so, be sure to complete Welcome Week Event Selection! You have until August 24 to adjust your selections.
Complete AlcoholEdu, Transit, and Haven
As part of a comprehensive prevention program for new students, the University of Minnesota requires that you complete AlcoholEdu, Transit, and Haven. These online courses will provide you with tools to help you be a healthy and successful student. You already should have received an email from the University of Minnesota with instructions for completing these mandatory online courses for new U of M students. If you have questions, contact email@example.com for support.
THINGS TO KNOW
Stay Tuned for More Information
Sunday, August 21 you will start to receive daily emails as a 10-day countdown to Welcome Week. These emails will have important information about your arrival on campus, Welcome Week Check-In, and making the most of your Welcome Week experience. Watch for these fun and informative mailings!
Participate in select Welcome Week events* and you will be entered to win prizes from Coca-Cola! Prizes include a $500 gift card to the University of Minnesota Bookstores, an iPad, and a MacBook Pro! *To be entered to win, one must attend all of the following events; Check-In, Pride & Spirit, Convocation, College Day, and Respect U.
WELCOME WEEK WISDOM
Enjoy some insight from fellow Gophers regarding their Welcome Week experience.
- “Say hi and meet someone new every day within the first week. Welcome Week is the prime time to form connections and it all starts by introducing yourself. Take a step outside of your comfort zone and dive into your first-year experience.”
- “Ask lots of questions! Your Welcome Week Leader or Leaders are the perfect resource since they were once in your shoes!”
- “Starting off the day with a positive attitude can make all the difference sometimes, and can really help make your experience great!”
Orientation & First-Year Programs (OFYP) has a variety of programs through the first semester:
- Fast Forward: Participate in this program to learn how to make the most most of your first semester at the U!
- At Home in MN: This is a program focused on helping make out-of-state students feel more welcome at the U and in Minnesota!
Orientation & First-Year Programs