Hey %%First Name%%!
As finals quickly approach us, I want to start out by saying congratulations! You are about to end your first semester here at the University of Minnesota. That’s something to be proud of! It’s been a pleasure writing to you all with my emails and articles and I’m so glad that you have chosen to attend the U!
With multiple semesters of finals weeks under my belt, I thought I would put together a list of study tips and tricks. These are some tips that I have learned from my own experience and picked up from friends. Hopefully, you’ll find this list helpful!
- Have all of your supplies on hand (books, computer, notes).
- Turn off your phone . . . or at least turn it upside down.
- Listen to classical music.
- Have your favorite (coffee) drink in hand.
- Water too . . . Stay hydrated!
- Force yourself to focus!
- Do 45 minutes of homework, with a 15-minute stretch break, and repeat.
- Study where you feel you will get the most done; whether that’s a coffee shop, the library, or home.
- Study with friends, but only if you’re disciplined enough to stick with the task at hand!
- Get as much done as you can. Then come back to it tomorrow.
This is my last email to you as a Transfer Insider. I wish the best for your time here at the U and hope it continues to get better from here. If you are interested in getting involved next semester we are currently recruiting for TSN Insider position. This role is a great way to meet other transfer students and give back to the transfer experience. Learn more about this opportunity HERE.
Finally, we are looking for feedback about your Transfer Student Network experience. Please fill out this short evaluation and let us know what we can do better.
As always, if you have any lasting questions before the end of the semester please send me an email.
Congratulations on almost finishing your first semester here!
Your Transfer Insider,
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities