Dear College of Biological Sciences student,
Are you looking for a growth opportunity that will set you apart in terms of leadership and interpersonal skills? Do you want to develop as a leader and get paid for it? Orientation & First-Year Programs is now recruiting students to be 2015 Orientation Leaders!
As a part of this valuable internship experience, you will:
- Lead and facilitate groups of 15-25 students during Orientation
- Train and supervise a group of 12-20 Welcome Week Leaders
- Develop your leadership style through collaboration, flexibility and real life experiences
- Work in a dynamic, fast paced, engaging environment
- Make $3,500 compensation along with room and board during Freshman Orientation
“As a Genetics, Cell Biology and Development major, most students feel they need to spend the summer doing research. While doing research is definitely an important aspect of any scientist’s career, interpersonal skills and leadership are just as valuable. The Orientation Leader position really helped me to work with a group of peers towards a common goal. Scientists thrive off of collaboration, and I think the Orientation Leader position is really effective in building great leaders and collaborators.”
Sam - Genetics Major and former Orientation Leader
- Winter Retreat, January 16-18, 2015
- Wednesday meetings from 3:30-7:30 p.m., January 21-May 6 (spring semester)
- Freshman Orientation: May 26-July 17, August 26-September 1 (subject to change)
- Welcome Week Leader Training Sessions: Sat. Feb. 21, Tues. Feb. 24, Sat. March 28, Tues. March 31, Sat. April 18, and Tues. April 21
- Welcome Week: September 2-7
- Apply online at www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol - due Monday, November 10
- Learn more about the position by attending an Info Session and grab a snack! Presentations run every 15 minutes!
- Monday, October 20: CMU 323, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 22: SPSC 108, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 24: CMU 324, 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 27: CMU 323, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 29: Appleby Hall 127, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Don’t pass up this opportunity - apply today. For more information about the position please give us a call 612-624-1979 or visit www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol.
Amy Bartos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Michael Dixon (email@example.com)
Kelsey Neigebauer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Drew Wandschneider (email@example.com)
Student Program Coordinators
Orientation & First-Year Programs
612-624-1979 | firstname.lastname@example.org