Dear College of Design Student,
Are you looking for an experience to improve your leadership, creativity, and communication skills? Would you want to do all of this while getting paid and having fun? Orientation & First-Year Programs is now recruiting students to be 2015 Orientation Leaders!
As a part of this valuable internship experience, you will:
- Lead and facilitate groups of 15-25 students during Orientation
- Train and supervise a group of 12-20 Welcome Week Leaders
- Develop your leadership style through collaboration, flexibility, and real-life experiences
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, engaging environment
- Make $3,500 in addition to room and board during Freshman Orientation
“I experienced working with a variety of people and found how to energize myself and instill my energy to them. Getting people excited about your ideas is huge in the design field.”
Ashley - Architecture major and former Orientation Leader
“For me, being in the College of Design, this experience was so valuable. When I am a graphic designer, I will be meeting with clients and have to be able to work in a team environment.”
Amy - Graphic Design major and former Orientation Leader
- Winter Retreat, January 16-18, 2015
- Wednesday meetings from 3:30-7:30 p.m., January 21-May 6 (spring semester)
- Freshman Orientation: May 26-July 17, August 26-September 1 (subject to change)
- Welcome Week Leader Training Sessions: Saturday, Feb. 21; Tuesday, Feb. 24; Saturday, March 28; Tuesday, March 31; Saturday, April 18; and Tuesday, April 21
- Welcome Week: September 2-7
- Apply online at www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol - due Monday, November 10
- Learn more about the position by attending an Info Session and grab a snack! Presentations run every 15 minutes.
- Monday, October 20: CMU 323, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 22: SPSC 108, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 24: CMU 324, 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 27: CMU 323, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 29: Appleby Hall 127, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Don't pass up this opportunity: Apply today. For more information about the position, call 612-624-1979, contact a student program coordinator by email (below), or visit www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol.
Amy Bartos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Michael Dixon (email@example.com)
Kelsey Neigebauer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Drew Wandschneider (email@example.com)
Student Program Coordinators
Orientation & First-Year Programs
612-624-1979 | firstname.lastname@example.org