Dear College of Science and Engineering student,
Are you interested in a leadership opportunity to develop your networking, teamwork, and creativity skills? Orientation & First-Year Programs is currently in the process of recruiting students to be 2015 Orientation Leaders!
As a part of this valuable internship experience, you will:
- Lead and facilitate groups of 15-25 students during Orientation
- Train and supervise a group of 12-20 Welcome Week Leaders
- Develop your leadership style through collaboration, flexibility, and real-life experiences
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, engaging environment
- Make $3,500 in addition to room and board during Freshman Orientation
“There were a lot of logistical components to Orientation, and being an engineering student, this helped me try and implement better strategies in tasks that I saw fit. I also had a lot of networking and communication experience throughout the process. Orientation was very much like a puzzle; there were definitely a lot of trial and error situations, and incredible amounts of observations and learning going on.”
Bonnie - Industrial & Systems Engineering Major, former Orientation Leader
- Winter Retreat, January 16-18, 2015
- Wednesday meetings from 3:30-7:30 p.m., January 21-May 6 (spring semester)
- Freshman Orientation: May 26-July 17, August 26-September 1 (subject to change)
- Welcome Week Leader Training Sessions: Saturday, Feb. 21; Tuesday, Feb. 24; Saturday, March 28; Tuesday, March 31; Saturday, April 18; and Tuesday, April 21
- Welcome Week: September 2-7
- Apply online at www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol - due Monday, November 10
- Learn more about the position by attending an Info Session and grab a snack! Presentations run every 15 minutes.
- Monday, October 20: CMU 323, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 22: SPSC 108, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 24: CMU 324, 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 27: CMU 323, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 29: Appleby Hall 127, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Don't pass up this opportunity: Apply today. For more information about the position, call 612-624-1979, contact a student program coordinator by email (below), or visit www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol.
Amy Bartos (email@example.com)
Michael Dixon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kelsey Neigebauer (email@example.com)
Drew Wandschneider (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student Program Coordinators
Orientation & First-Year Programs
612-624-1979 | email@example.com