Dear College of Liberal Arts Student,
Are you looking for a growth opportunity that will set you apart in terms of leadership and interpersonal skills? Do you want to develop as a leader and get paid for it? Orientation & First-Year Programs is now recruiting students to be 2015 Orientation Leaders!
As a part of this valuable internship experience, you will:
- lead and facilitate groups of 15-25 students during Orientation.
- train and supervise a group of 12-20 Welcome Week Leaders.
- develop your leadership style through collaboration, flexibility, and real-life experiences.
- work in a dynamic, fast-paced, engaging environment.
- make $3,500 (along with room and board) during Freshman Orientation.
“Being a student leader on campus makes an incredible impact on … other students/faculty on campus. In addition, (it gave me) a better understanding and overall positive attitude about the U of M as well as learning skills like public speaking, time management, and pushing myself outside my comfort zone.”
Drew ~ Psychology Major and former Orientation Leader
- Winter Retreat, January 16-18, 2015
- Spring Semester meetings every Wednesday from 3:30-7:30 p.m.
- Freshman Orientation: May 26-July 17, August 26-September 1 (subject to change)
- Welcome Week Leader Training Sessions: Saturday, Feb. 21; Tuesday, Feb. 24; Saturday, March 28; Tuesday, March 31; Saturday, April 18; and Tuesday, April 21
- Welcome Week: September 2-7
Apply online at www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol. Applications are due Monday, November 10.
Don't pass up this opportunity: Apply today. For more information about the position, call 612-624-1979, contact a student program coordinator by email (below), or visit www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol.
Amy Bartos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Michael Dixon (email@example.com)
Kelsey Neigebauer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Drew Wandschneider (email@example.com)
Student Program Coordinators
Orientation & First-Year Programs
612-624-1979 | firstname.lastname@example.org