Dear College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences student,
Are you interested in a unique leadership opportunity at the University? Do you enjoy challenging yourself and learning from it? Orientation & First-Year Programs is recruiting students to be 2016 Orientation Leaders!
As a part of this valuable internship experience, you will:
- Lead and facilitate groups of 15-25 students during Orientation
- Train and supervise a group of 12-20 Welcome Week Leaders
- Develop your leadership style through collaboration, flexibility, and real life experiences
- Work in a dynamic, fast paced, engaging environment
- Make $3,500 and room and board during Freshman Orientation
“I am in CFANS, and I eventually want to work in a hospital setting, working with patients, and help to improve people's lives. I improved my skills on talking to people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, making connections and an impact on first-year students, and I got experience working as a part of a team. I also learned my leadership style, which has given me so much more confidence when I am in front of a group of people.” Keighly – Nutrition Major and former Orientation Leader
Attend an information session to learn more about the position. Presentations run every 15 minutes!
- Monday, October 19 – 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. 305 CMU
- Friday, October 23 – 2:00-4:00 p.m. 304 CMU
- Wednesday, October 28 – 12:00-2:00 p.m. 2-233 CSOM
- Thursday, October 29 – 5:00-7:00 p.m. 127 Appleby Hall
- Friday, October 30 – 2:00-4:00 p.m. 305 CMU
- Winter Retreat: January 15-17
- Spring Semester meetings every Wednesday from 3:30-7:30 p.m.
- Freshman Orientation: May 22-July 15, August 24-August 29 (subject to change)
- Welcome Week: August 31-September 5
Don’t pass up this opportunity – apply today. For more information about the position, please call at 612-624-1979 or go to www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol.
Dalton Dahms (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kristen Lee (email@example.com)
Patrick English (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jordan Steger (email@example.com)
Student Program Coordinators
Orientation & First-Year Programs