Dear Carlson School of Management Student,
Are you looking for a beneficial summer experience to expand your leadership skills and gain résumé-worthy accomplishments? Do you enjoy demonstrating leadership while getting paid for it? Orientation & First-Year Programs is recruiting students to be 2016 Orientation Leaders!
As a part of this valuable internship experience, you will:
- Lead and facilitate groups of 15-25 students during Orientation
- Train and supervise a group of 12-20 Welcome Week Leaders
- Develop your leadership style through collaboration, flexibility, and real life experiences
- Work in a dynamic, fast paced, engaging environment
- Make $3,500 and room and board during Freshman Orientation
"Starting as an orientation leader, I knew that the job description would fit perfectly with one of my majors, Human Resources, as it is strongly based on training, diversity, and public speaking. My other major is Management Information Systems, which I never would have imagined would tie in with being an OL as well as it did. Now that I am interviewing for IT positions, I realized that the communication, time management and critical thinking stills that I gained this summer are vital to potential jobs in programming and IT. Additionally, this role has provided me with countless stories to share in interviews surrounding team work, working in a changing environment, and conflict management in a work setting.” – Aidan Bramel, Human Resources, Management Information Systems, 2015 Orientation Leader
Attend an information session to learn more about the position. Presentations run every 15 minutes!
- Monday, October 19 – 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. 305 CMU
- Friday, October 23 – 2:00-4:00 p.m. 304 CMU
- Wednesday, October 28 – 12:00-2:00 p.m. 2-233 CSOM
- Thursday, October 29 – 5:00-7:00 p.m. 127 Appleby Hall
- Friday, October 30 – 2:00-4:00 p.m. 305 CMU
- Winter Retreat: January 15-17
- Spring Semester meetings every Wednesday from 3:30-7:30 p.m.
- Freshman Orientation: May 22-July 15, August 24-August 29 (subject to change)
- Welcome Week: August 31-September 5
Don’t pass up this opportunity – apply today. For more information about the position, please call at 612-624-1979 or go to www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol.
Dalton Dahms (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kristen Lee (email@example.com)
Patrick English (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jordan Steger (email@example.com)
Student Program Coordinators
Orientation & First-Year Programs