Dear %%First Name%%,
Are you interested in a unique leadership experience that will develop your personal and professional skills and help build your résumé? Orientation & First-Year Programs is recruiting students to be 2017 Orientation Leaders!
As a part of this valuable internship experience, you will:
- Develop an understanding of leadership and diversity
- Lead and facilitate groups of 15-25 students during Orientation
- Train and supervise a group of 12-20 Welcome Week Leaders
- Develop your leadership style through collaboration, flexibility, and real life experiences
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, engaging environment
- Make $3,800 and room and board during Freshman Orientation
“Quite simply, the OL experience taught me to be a better person. The chance to meet and work with people from all backgrounds to broaden my understanding and knowledge of the ‘human experience’ is something I will always cherish about my training.” - Laura, former Orientation Leader
Attend an information session to learn more about the position. Presentations are every 15 minutes!
- Friday, October 14: CMU 319 | 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 18: CSOM 1-149 | 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 19: Appleby Hall 223 | 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 26: Ruttan Hall B30 | 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 28: CMU 319 | 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Winter Retreat: January 13-15, 2017
- Spring Semester Training Class: every Wednesday from 3:30-7:30 p.m.
- Freshman Orientation: May 21 - July 14 and August 23 - 28 (subject to change)
- Welcome Week Training & Prep: August 18 - September 3
Don’t pass up this opportunity – apply today. For more information about the position, please call at 612-624-1979 or go to www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol.
Lauren Beckman (email@example.com)
Alexis Bruccoleri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chris Hansen (email@example.com)
Troy Wildenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student Program Coordinators
Orientation & First-Year Programs