Dear College of Biological Sciences student,
Are you looking for a growth opportunity that will set you apart in terms of leadership and interpersonal skills? Do you want to develop as a leader and get paid for it? Orientation & First-Year Programs is now recruiting students to be 2013 Orientation Leaders!
As a part of this valuable internship experience, you will:
- lead groups of 20 to 30 freshmen throughout Orientation.
- train and supervise a group of 15 Welcome Week Leaders.
- develop your communication, critical thinking, and time management skills.
- engage in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- make $3,500 and room and board during Freshman Orientation.
- Spring Semester meetings are every Wednesday from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Freshman Orientation is May 28 to July 18 and August 21 to 27 (subject to change).
- Welcome Week is August 16 to September 2.
- Attend an Info Session to learn more – and grab some free food! Presentations run every 15 minutes.
- Tuesday October 23
- Wednesday October 24
- 11:00-2:00 p.m., St. Paul Student Center 108
- Thursday November 1
- Applications are due Friday, November 2
Don’t pass up this opportunity: Apply today. For more information about the position please call 612-624-1979 or visit www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol.
Colette Bell (email@example.com)
Khadra Mohamad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jake Starsiak (email@example.com)
Ben Wunrow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student Program Coordinators
Orientation & First-Year Programs
612-624-1979 | email@example.com
"Being in CBS, the confidence and communication skills I gained were helpful in working with groups of people in labs and discussion groups. How I carry myself day to day and relate to others is what I will take away from being an OL, which will help me in the future regardless of what I choose to do."
~ Brijend, Biology Major and
former Orientation Leader
This e-mail was sent by Orientation & First-Year Programs (OFYP) at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Campus, 300 Washington Avenue SE, 315 Coffman Memorial Union, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455. OFYP reports to the Office of Undergraduate Education.
©2012 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.