Dear College of Design student,
Are you looking for an experience to improve your leadership, creativity, and communication skills? Would you want to do all of this while getting paid and having fun? Orientation & First-Year Programs is recruiting students to be 2013 Orientation Leaders!
As a part of this valuable leadership experience, you will:
- develop skills around collaboration, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- creatively solve problems in a real world environment.
- lead groups of 20 to 30 freshmen throughout Orientation.
- train and supervise a group of 15 Welcome Week Leaders.
- earn $3,500 and room and board during Freshman Orientation.
- Spring Semester meetings are every Wednesday from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Freshman Orientation is May 28 to July 18 and August 21 to 27 (subject to change).
- Welcome Week is August 16 to September 2.
- Attend an Info Session to learn more – and grab some free food! Presentations run every 15 minutes.
- Tuesday October 23
- Wednesday October 24
- 11:00-2:00 p.m., St. Paul Student Center 108
- Thursday November 1
- Applications are due Friday, November 2
Don’t pass up this opportunity: Apply today. For more information about the position please call 612-624-1979 or visit www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol.
Colette Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Khadra Mohamad (email@example.com)
Jake Starsiak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ben Wunrow (email@example.com)
Student Program Coordinators
Orientation & First-Year Programs
612-624-1979 | firstname.lastname@example.org
"Being an Orientation Leader greatly improved my ability to work with a team, which is an integral part of any design process. I learned how to collaborate with diverse personalities and leadership styles to produce results of high quality in a short period of time."
~ Maurico, Architecture Major, College of Design
This e-mail was sent by Orientation & First-Year Programs (OFYP) at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Campus, 300 Washington Avenue SE, 315 Coffman Memorial Union, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455. OFYP reports to the Office of Undergraduate Education.
©2012 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.