Dear College of Science and Engineering student,
Are you interested in a leadership opportunity to develop your networking, teamwork, and creativity skills? Orientation & First-Year Programs is recruiting students to be 2013 Orientation Leaders!
As a part of this valuable internship experience, you will:
- lead groups of 20 to 30 freshmen during Orientation.
- train and supervise a group of 15 Welcome Week Leaders.
- achieve valuable communication skills in large and small group experiences.
- work as part of a highly efficiency team in a dynamic work environment.
- earn $3,500 and room and board during Freshman Orientation.
- Spring Semester meetings are every Wednesday from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Freshman Orientation is May 28 to July 18 and August 21 to 27 (subject to change).
- Welcome Week is August 16 to September 2.
- Attend an Info Session to learn more – and grab some free food! Presentations run every 15 minutes.
- Tuesday October 23
- Wednesday October 24
- 11:00-2:00 p.m., St. Paul Student Center 108
- Thursday November 1
- Applications are due Friday, November 2
Don’t pass up this opportunity: Apply today. For more information about the position please call 612-624-1979 or visit www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol.
Colette Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Khadra Mohamad (email@example.com)
Jake Starsiak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ben Wunrow (email@example.com)
Student Program Coordinators
Orientation & First-Year Programs
612-624-1979 | firstname.lastname@example.org
"I loved the opportunities to connect with people outside of the College of Science and Engineering. My classes consist mostly of individual work and scientific jargon. Being an Orientation Leader allowed me to use another side of my personality as I interacted with people who showed me very different perspectives on life. The amount of self confidence I gained throughout this process will transpire to any of my future endeavors."
~ Emily, Math Major and former Orientation Leader
This e-mail was sent by Orientation & First-Year Programs (OFYP) at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Campus, 300 Washington Avenue SE, 315 Coffman Memorial Union, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455. OFYP reports to the Office of Undergraduate Education.
©2012 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.