Online Orientation is required of all new transfer students, and is the first step in completing your orientation requirements (there is also an on-campus orientation program that you will need to attend). The online program contains information specific to your college of enrollment as well as University-wide resources, services, and policies.
Before You Begin
Review the following items to make sure you are prepared:
- You will need your University of Minnesota Internet ID (x500) and password. For more information, or to activate your Internet ID, please visit IT Getting Started Guide for Students.
- Use a computer that is connected to a working printer.
- Although other browsers can be used, Online Orientation is best viewed by using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Although it is not required, we recommend using broadband, high-speed Internet access.
Accessing the Online Orientation
The Online Orientation is supported by the Moodle course management system. This site includes information about University-wide and college specific policies, services, and resources.
Generally, it takes about 45-90 minutes to complete the Online Orientation. You will need to make sure you have enough time to complete the program.
Enroll and log on to Online Orientation site:
- Check back here on November 1 for the lin to access the Online Online site in Moodle.
- Type the word "transfer" in the Self Enrollment Key text box and click "Enroll/Enter".
Our Orientation staff is readily available to assist you with the Online Orientation and/or questions about the University. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 612-624-1979.