Spring 2017 Transfer Welcome Day!
Friday, January 20
9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Mississippi Room, 3rd Floor, Coffman Memorial Union
New transfer students enrolled for spring 2017 should plan to attend Transfer Welcome Day! Transfer Welcome Day is the official welcome for new transfer students. Here are some of the many reasons you should join us!
- Free coffee and breakfast treats including doughnuts and fresh bagels!
- Get your exclusive transfer U of M T-shirt
- Connect and mingle with new transfer students and current transfer students
- Familiarize yourself with the Transfer Student Network, the University Transfer Student Board, and other opportunities available to you as a transfer student
- Grab a photo with Goldy!
- PAWS will be available so you can spend some time petting away worry and stress!
We will have a variety of departments and campus partners available to meet with you and answer questions that might have come up in your first semester. Plan to see the following departments at this event!
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Design
- SMART Learning Commons
- University Libraries
- Off-Campus Living
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Parking & Transportation Services
- Student Unions & Activities
- And more!
We will also be hosting mini-workshops for you to attend. These workshops are 20 minutes and will be featured at 9:20 a.m., 10:00 a.m, 10:30 a.m.:
- “The Transfer Student Experience” hosted by Orientation & First-Year Programs and the Office of Undergraduate Experience
- “Metacognition - Key to Successful Learning” hosted by SMART Learning Commons
- “Building a Strong Network for International Student Success” hosted by International Student & Scholar Services
Registration is not required. We look forward to seeing you there!